Southern West Virginia Community and Technical College will be hosting a job fair on Tuesday, March 10 on our Logan campus. The event will be held in Building A from 10:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. The job fair is free and open to the community. There is no participation fee, and lunch will be provided. Additional details can be found on the SWVCTC website.
Region 2 WORKFORCE West Virginia is hosting several free one-hour informational sessions for parents of high school students who want to learn more about post-graduate job training, military options, and community and four-year college options and financing assistance.
- College, training, and service options
- Financial aid, grants, and how to get them
- When and how to apply for schooling
- Job opportunities for your student
- Where to find additional resources
The Careers and Financial Aid Seminars will be presented at 6 p.m. at the following locations:
- Scott High School, Oct. 1
- Van High School, Oct. 3
- Buffalo High School, Oct. 4
- Chapmanville Regional High School, Oct. 8
- May High School, Oct. 9
- Mingo Central High School, Oct. 10
- Wayne High School, Oct. 11
- Tolsia High School, Oct. 15
- Logan High School, Oct. 16
- Spring Valley High School, Oct. 18
- Cabell-Midland High School, Oct. 25
- Tug Valley High School, Nov. 5
- Poca High School, Nov. 7
- Sherman High School, Nov. 15
The Region 2 WORKFORCE Investment Board serves businesses, workers and individuals in Boone, Cabell, Lincoln, Logan, Mingo, Putnam and Wayne counties in West Virginia and works to meet local economic and workforce development needs. Additional information is available at www.wvregion2.org.